DISCOUNTFREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER £80

Home » Community » Wine and Grape Guide » Rossese di Dolceacqua

Rossese di Dolceacqua

Rossese di Dolceacqua

The Rossese di Dolceacqua is a wine made with Rossese grape cultivated in impervious areas that require all operations, from pruning to harvesting, mandatory manual and this is one of the reason often vineyards in the area have been abandoned.

The production area is made up of 14 communes distributed along the Val Nervia and Valle Crosia, in Liguria, precisely the "riviera di ponente, west of Genoa, and their altitude varies between 300 and 600 m. a.s.l.

The grapes allowed in the appellation must be at least 95% of rossese with the remaining 5% of other non-aromatic native red grapes. The Rossese di Dolceacqua, also known simply as Dolceacqua, is fruity red wine, elegant, with a light colour and lively acidity, medium bodied and with no tannins unless wood aged.

Producers growing the grape

Now that you know more about the Rossese di Dolceacqua, taste the wines we stock